Sunday, June 20, 2010

dad

dear dad, i like to call you phil. i have never called you daddy, i feel weird when people do that. you have taught me a lot of things. how to have a love for reading, current events, the importance of watching news, cooking without a recipe and keeping it simple, how tv can be a learning experience, and the real life importance of knowing trivia. i always loved when you would draw pictures of snakes and cats for me in sacrament meeting. my weird nature comes directly from you, i have always been appreciative of it. although sometimes i get impatient when you ask me the same question 16 times... i do love you. i look up to you and your knowledge. you are the most intelligent person i know, and you are not even a college graduate--that will always impress me. thank you for making me watch 60 minutes and the history channel all the time, i now have my own love for these channels, and learning. thank you for always pushing me to live up to my abilities, i have always been supported by you. i even remember when i was a young dancer and you saying that i was always the only one that remembered the dance. it probably wasnt true but the confidence instilled in me by you always stuck with me and helped me to develop my skills further. really i am just very grateful for such a great father and friend. i will always remember the nights we spent watching tv together, and the inside jokes that developed from it. i love you dad. happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment