Saturday, August 21, 2010

en-gag-ed

so this probably doesnt come as a surprise to many people but warner and i are engaged!! its very cliche... but i can honestly say it was worth the wait. we have known each other and been friends since 8th grade. we became best friends in high school, and started to date our senior year. its been a roller coaster ever since, and i suppose you could say we have been dating on and off for five years. warner is an incredible boy-i have never met anyone like him, and i know i never will. you guys that read this probably wanna know how he asked me... so here it goes. no he didn't do any of that generic romantic crap like put the ring in a drink, or in my pasta... he didn't spell out "will you marry me" in different kinds of food, and he didnt take me up in some hot air balloon. (if these things happened to you please don't take offense, it just is not my style at all) he took me to the park where we first held hands... where we first said i love you... where we first saw each other after two years of being apart. it was fitting thats for sure. he did an amazing job, told me the nicest things, and he even got on one knee. he asked, and i said yes. he also got me the exact ring i wanted made for me... it couldnt be more perfect. so there you go, i would take this engagement over accidentally swallowing my ring any day. i love you warner, cannot wait until october 22nd.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! That is so exciting! I am so happy for you... That is how Nick asked me too! I agree....Its just better simple like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS ALI! I am so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it ali. i'm so excited for you two!!!

    ReplyDelete