Monday, May 3, 2010

werk

7 hours straight, no break, no lunch. i know, i know, people do it all the time. but im not used to it, and i think im going a little insane. i am having to break my days up into segments. every two hours i make myself get up and walk around... bathroom, fax stuff, print stuff, take post-its to the sample request folder. the first few hours really aren't that bad, the worst part is at 3 o clock. 2 hours left, everyone is gone and there are no calls. i have already been on facebook for way longer than i can handle, and twitter is beginning to look more and more appetizing. (worst website) this is the two hour time span when my online shopping addiction comes out with its sharpened claws and tears apart my wallet. anthropologie.....urban.....victorias secret(their swimsuit sale emails are SO convincing)....and the list goes on. this is also the time when i have already eaten the strawberries i brought and thought would be enough for me to get through the day with at 9:45 this morning. they weren't enough. i want real food. chicken fila preferably. oh well, instead i just look up recipes for food i will probably never cook. i guess i'll go pack some stuff now, or read... even though i get interrupted every two sentences cause i am incapable of reading with noise around. i just flicked my headset into my open eye. cooooooool.

2 comments:

  1. you can make flip books out of your post-it notes. that's always good, or go play basketball in the bathroom. i wish we could skype while we're both at work. but i'm at home now, with my work. because work sucks sucks sucks. and there was a man in my tiny cube with a computer and a suit on rummaging through my file cabinets and i didn't feel very comfortable with that because he didn't speak one word to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst is when you have to pretend to work when someone walks by you. It's more tiring than real work.

    ReplyDelete